This test is done to assess the electrical activity of the heart at one single point in time.
Why Is It Done?
- Can detect whether there may be any abnormal rhythms associated with heart disease.
- Check the electrical activity of the heart
- Find the causes of symptoms (shortness of breath, dizziness, fainting)
- Check how well medications are working
How To Prepare:
Do not rub any creams or lotions on your chest prior to appointment
During an EKG/ECG:
- • You will lie on an exam bed.
- • Several electrodes/stickers are attached to the skin, wires are connected to these, which then produces heart activity on the computer screen.
- • You will be asked to lie still and relax while a quick picture is taken (approx. 10 seconds).
Time: approximately 15 minutes
**Please note that due to certain extenuating circumstances and demand, walk-in services may not always be immediately available and on occasion will be subject to next availability.